Axbridge Community Theatre
Sarah Duncan - firstname.lastname@example.org
Performances are in Axbridge Town Hall, The Square, Axbridge.
Rehearsals are held there whenever possible, but are sometimes in other spaces in Axbridge.
ACT is an amateur theatre group based in Axbridge, and has the aim of providing opportunities for anyone interested in experiencing
theatre either on stage, backstage or as an audience. We aim to stage two productions a year, with a programme giving a
variety of plays which have in recent years ranged from tragedy to comedy and farce, Shakespeare to Noel Coward, Arthur Miller to The
Productions in the last few years have included:
- Time and the Conways (JB Priestley)
- Rumours (Neil Simons)
- Out of Sight .. Out of Murder (Fred Carmichael)
- Macbeth (Shakespeare)
- Pygmalion (Bernard Shaw)
- A View from the Bridge (Arthur Miller)
- A Separate Peace and The Real Inspector Hound (Tom Stoppard)
- Hamlet (Shakespeare)
- When We Are Married (JB Priestley)
- The Crucible (Arthur Miller)
- Blithe Spirit (Noel Coward)
- Twelfth Night (Shakespeare)
- All My Sons (Arthur Miller)
- The Ladykillers (Graham Linehan)
- The Deep Blue Sea (Terence Rattigan)
ACT always welcomes new members, both to appear on the stage or carrying out the many backstage roles. Productions are developed over a seven to ten week period, and rehearsals take place on Sundays.
Our spring production 2018, Our Country’s Good by Timberlake Wertenbaker, is planned for a large cast, with opportunities ranging from large parts to nonspeaking ones, and the full range of backstage roles. Fancy getting involved? New members will be most welcome. Casting for Our Country’s Good will begin with a launch meeting at 7.30pm on Sunday 28th January in Axbridge Town Hall.
How to get involved:
- Keep an eye on our website at www.axbridgecommunitytheatre.org.uk
- Come along to our launch meeting at Axbridge Town Hall at 7.30pm on Sunday 28th November
- If you are interested but unable to get to the launch, have any questions or just want to express an interest contact John Kendall, Production Manager, at 01934-732103 or email@example.com