Please note: If you are unable to view the videos you may need to turn off any pop up blocker you have enabled.
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the telephone advice line on 0345 257 6632 (local rate call).
Theatre is about fun, enjoyment and putting on a great show. It’s not about form filling and health and safety – we all do that in work and that is the last thing we want to do in our hobby!
However (and it’s a very big however), we’re sure you’d agree that everyone involved in your show, from your leading lady to that last minute audience member, all have the absolute right to enjoy the production without fear of accident, injury or worse.
NODASafe is here to help you achieve this goal, not by saying ‘No’ but by working with you to overcome your safety concerns and make your production better by making it safer.
NODASafe is a partnership between NODA and Health and Safety Mentor. HSM is run by people who understand theatre and have personal activity in the community theatre environment, so we know what pressures and challenges face NODA societies on a show-to-show basis.
As part of your subscription to NODA, you are now able to access the services listed below from NODASafe.
- Telephone and email support services to help with:
- production safety queries
- general advice and guidance on all health, safety and environmental issues
- dealing with serious accidents
- risk assessments
- help completing the recommended NODASafe assessments and checklists
- Generic theatre and show risk assessments – great for stage managers and the production team
- Production checklists – these help to plan your production and integrate safety into what you do
- Production documents – plan your production thoroughly and make sure easily overlooked information is included in easy to use documents
- Updates via Twitter, and the newsletter. Follow us @NODASafe
- Access to training courses – details of these dedicated and discounted services become available occasionally, so keep an eye out for information.
There are certain aspects of theatre health and safety that you might need to look at that are not covered by your subscription service. However, NODASafe can provide these services to you, including discounted fire risk assessments, general risk assessments (for your rehearsal space or theatre), specific risk assessments and accident investigation visits.
For more information, please contact NODASafe on 0345 257 6632 or email email@example.com.
Accident report form in addition to accident book
H&S Policy Document that can be customised for your society
Example of Mobile Towers Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment example for Tallescopes
Example of Theatre Risk Assement form
Example Risk Assessment for First Aid Needs
Suggested List of Files to be maintained in a production folder
Example Risk assessment for Ladders and Steps
Checklist and timescales to run a safe production
Production contact list in spreadsheet format
Customisable front cover of important files
Production Report template for each performance
Overview of Production form
Examples and guidance to complete Risk Assessments
Safe use of Ladders and Steps briefing notes
Siging in/out template for productions/rehearsals
Example Induction checklist for Stage managers and sign off list