Job Vacancy Marketing and Membership Assistant
The National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) was formed in 1899 to provide services and support to amateur theatre. In 2023, there are over 1800 group members along with over 700 individual members.
As we approach our 125th anniversary, a project has begun to overhaul our membership offer to ensure we are still relevant in years to come.
Phase 1 carried out by Indigo Limited is approaching completion. A survey was created and distributed to all members to gauge what is important to them and how we as an organisation communicate with them. From the results, Indigo Limited will create new marketing KPI’s and help us evolve our offer to members.
Phase 2 will involve a brand review including our website, in the view to modernise our approach and the development of a robust 5-year marketing and communications strategy. This work will be carried out internally for launch of the 125th Anniversary project in September 2023.
Finally, phase 3, this will be a targeting membership recruitment drive to increase membership over a 5-year period.
- Assist in creating social media, print and other online materials on a national and regional level.
- Managing social media pages by posting updates and responding to comments and messages
- Assist maintaining the NODA and PantoScripts website.
- Using website analytics to ascertain the relative effectiveness of ongoing campaigns and understand the way users interact with the site.
- Submitting ideas for marketing programmes designed to enhance and grow the company’s brand.
- Writing and editing press releases
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations.
- Support membership services department through answering customer queries, award, and pantomime sales.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Proven communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Works well as part of an effective team.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software.
- Ability to express thinking in words and images.
- Proven ability to deliver creative elements of projects on brief, on time and on budget.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex design orientated problems.
- Interest in theatre
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Adobe design suite.
- Ability to understand, create and apply brand guidelines.
- Interest in amateur theatre.
We will consider either 4 or 5 days a week. NODA operates on a hybrid working policy (2 days a week in the office – Tuesdays and Thursdays), however during peak times, additional office days may be required.
There may be a requirement to undertake additional tasks, to meet project-based objectives, as well as general office tasks as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) explaining why you would be suitable for the role given your skills and experiences.
The application should also include contact details for 2 references, one of which should be your current or most recent employer. These will only be contacted should you be successful in your application and an offer of employment made.
Should you wish a confidential informal chat about the role in advance of submitting an application please contact – Rob Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com marked ‘Private & Confidential – Marketing and Membership Assistant’.
As an employer NODA is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and to fostering a culture of openness and support those values from a wide range of backgrounds. As such we welcome applications from any background with the requisite skills and experiences especially those under-represented in the arts.
By submitting an application you agree to all relevant data being stored by NODA for the purposes of the recruitment process and will only be retained should you be appointed.