NODA North West Drama Festival
Celebrate the 'D' in NODA!
If your group performs plays, be them:
Classic, Period, Contemporary, Shakespeare, Comedy, Farce or even Original 'in house' Material.
Then enter our very own NODA North West Drama Festival.
For more details please conact our Festival Coordinator & Regional Councillor: Christine Hunter Hughes - email@example.com
Rules for Entrants and Register of Interest
1. Plays to be performed in your own venue within the festival season – which runs from 1st January to 30th April and 1st September to 30th November. (Societies who wish to enter but perform outside these dates should contact the North West Councillor then, if possible, arrangements will be made)
2. The society must be a fully paid up, bona fide member of NODA.
3. All entries must be confirmed and details of the play to be performed, the performance dates and the venue as soon as possible for the January to April Dates and by 1st June for the Sept to Nov dates to allow a schedule to be drawn up.
4. There will be a standard entry fee of £30.00.
5. Should you wish – and request it, the adjudicator will give you a brief adjudication after the performance. Otherwise a written adjudication will be sent to the society within 2 weeks of the production.
6. The adjudicator will require 2 seats on the night they attends. It is hoped that your own Regional Representative will visit on the same evening.
7. You will be informed well in advance the date of the adjudicators visit. A copy of the play to be performed should be sent to the Councillor at least 1 month before the date of the production. (The script will be returned with the adjudication).
8. The ideal would be a table with a light and a carafe of water. However, if this is not possible then you are in no way excluded from entering. For obvious reasons it is important that the adjudicator should have a good view of the stage, but as far away from other audience members as possible to minimise any disruption to them.
9. The performing rights licence should be available for the adjudicator to see.
10. Any genre of play can be entered, farce, comedy, drama, etc. published or written ‘in house’.
11. Only one production per society can be entered in any one year.
To Register your society's interest please contact the Festival organiser, Christine Hunter Hughes.
General Festival Information
• There will be two prizes – Overall Winner of the Festival and Runner-Up.
• Prizes will be presented at the NODA North West Conference held in May each year.
• The adjudicator will be looking for (amongst other things: technical facilities, use of space on stage, acting performances, audience appeal etc.
Winner: Jeeves & Wooster - Carlton Players
Runner-up: Goodnight Mr. Tom - Encore Productions
Winner: Educating Rite - Centerary Theatre Company
Runner-up: One Man Two Guv'nors - Carlisle Green Room
Winner: My Boy Jack - Neston Players
Runner-up: Entertaining Angles - Fylde Coast Players
Winner: Accrington Pals - Neston Players
Runner-up: Shakespeare in Holleywood - Guilden Sutton Players
Winner: Kes - Mossley AODS
Runner-up: The Crucible - Hand in Hand
No Festival Organised
Winner: Hobsons Choice - Fylde Coast Players
Runner-up: Alice Through the Looking Glass - Guilden Sutton Players
- NODA North West Conference
- NODA North West Drama Festival
- NODA North West Youth Workshops
- North West Summer School Bursaries
- Long Service Medals in the North West
- NODA North West District Awards
- NODA North West Awards Archive
- NODA North West Awards 2019