Aaron is a south west based theatre director. He has a Masters in directing from Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. Since graduating he worked as an Associate Director for Prime Theatre, and is an associate artist with Travelling Light Theatre Company. He prides himself on making highly visual work, incorporating physical theatre, puppetry and text. He has made a career from devising and developing new work for a variety of audiences.
As a freelance director he has made work for: New Mutiny, Smudge Collective, Travelling Light, Light and Lark, Bristol Old Vic, Circomedia, Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival, Thimble Theatre, Rose Theatre Kingston, and The Pound Arts Centre.
Session: What’s New on the West End (Musical Theatre) sponsored by Samuel French Ltd
“It only takes a taste when it’s something special.” – Waitress
Are you a performer looking for an opportunity to explore the wealth of fantastic material emerging in the West End?
Would you like to develop your practical performance skills in the singing, dancing and acting?
Do you want to sing and stage brand new work from an innovative range of musical styles including Come From Away, Waitress, Heathers, Eugenius, Everyone’s Talking About Jamie, Dear Evan Hanson
Then we have the perfect offer for you…
Using the music from the most recent musical theatre from the West End stage as inspiration, during the week you will:
- work as an ensemble and in smaller groups to explore and perform inspirational music from these shows.
- look at how companies prepare for performance and understand the challenging requirements of both the rehearsal room and the stage including character research, storytelling, focus, team work and discipline
- explore dynamics, harmony and vocal technique working with an expert MD
- work on acting through song, interpretation of lyric, and character
- challenge your skills in singing, acting, dance and creating a believable world on the stage
This course is aimed at experienced singers, dancers and actors.