Aaron is a south west based theatre director. He has a Masters in directing from Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. Since graduating he worked as an Associate Director for Prime Theatre, and is an associate artist with Travelling Light Theatre Company. He prides himself on making highly visual work, incorporating physical theatre, puppetry and text. He has made a career from devising and developing new work for a variety of audiences.
As a freelance director he has made work for: New Mutiny, Smudge Collective, Travelling Light, Light and Lark, Bristol Old Vic, Circomedia, Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival, Thimble Theatre, Rose Theatre Kingston, and The Pound Arts Centre.
Session: Musical Theatre in Performance: Hamilton
“Do not throw away your shot!” Alexander Hamilton
Are you a performer looking for an opportunity to explore a unique and brilliant musical whilst developing your practical performance skills in the disciplines of singing and acting?
Do you want to step into the world of the American founding fathers and explore their story through an innovative range of musical styles?
Then we have the perfect offer for you…
Using the music from Lin-Manuel Miranda’s hit musical as inspiration, during the week you will:
- work as ensemble and soloist to explore and perform the inspirational music in this show.
- look at how companies prepare for performance and understand the challenging requirements of both the rehearsal room and the stage including character research, storytelling, focus, team work and discipline
- challenge your skills in acting and creating a believable world on the stage
- explore dynamics, harmony and vocal technique working with an expert MD
- work on acting through song, interpretation of lyric, and character
This course is aimed at more experienced singers and actors.
Tutors – Pam Rudge and Aaron Parsons
What students say…
“What a brilliant, varied course with two top notch tutors! Very informative, supportive, enlightening, inspiring. Learned so much about the subject, techniques for singing and acting, and about myself. Loved pushing myself physically, vocally and mentally. Take me back now!!!”
“This course was AMAZING!! Loved every bit of it, just the right balance between making me feel comfortable and pushing me to do things that I wouldn't usually have the confidence to.”