Set Building and Prop Making (Technical)
“A stage space has two rules: (1) anything can happen and (2) something must happen,” Peter Brook
Are your theatrical aspirations situated behind the scenes?
Are you a practical maker of sets and props needing more knowledge and experience in your craft?
Would you benefit from professional insight into how to make your society’s shows look the part?
Then we have a course built to your dimensions…
This hands-on practical course will take you step by step through key principals and invaluable techniques in both set building and props making, to give students the tools they need to create the environment and objects of a theatre show successfully and safely.
During the week you will
- Familiarise yourself with equipment for carpentry and building
- Develop a practical knowledge of the techniques behind making sets and props
- Explore the relationship between the play, the design, the set and the performance
- Make a variety of props and pieces of set as examples of what is possible in theatrical production
- Be introduced to professional tricks of the trade to ensure your sets and props are first class
This is a back to basics course for anyone interested in making set and props of all levels of experience – it will introduce beginners to this fascinating element of theatre and reinforce the foundations and fundamentals for the more experienced.