Help with Fees
Summer School Bursaries
NODA offers students the opportunity to apply for a NODA Theatre Summer School Bursary. If you wish to apply, let us know at time of booking and you will be sent an email with a form to complete.
Applications for Bursaries for NODA Theatre Summer School 2024 open on 1st December 2023 and close on 13th January 2024
For 2024, priority will be given to younger members (minimum age 18 at commencement of the School), and first-time students, regardless of age. Also, see below for details of our Benevolent Fund. The National Bursaries are worth £360 each against a full course.
- Applicants for a Bursary must also apply for a place at NODA Theatre Summer School and pay their deposit. Should you be unsuccessful in getting a Bursary and therefore cannot attend, your deposit will be refunded. This is the only situation under which deposits may be refunded.
- It is a condition of these National Bursaries that the application is supported by the student’s society.
- Payments equal to the equivalent of two national bursaries may be awarded to a student during their time as a NODA member.
- If you have applied for a bursary in the past and have been successful, your second application must be in a different discipline.
- Although Regional Committee Members are not eligible for a National Bursary, they can apply for a training grant. Please complete the application form in order that it can be considered.
When completing your application, you will be asked to supply information on:
- What you expect to gain from Summer School
- How attending Summer School will help you contribute to your Society.
- Contact details for the NODA society that is supporting your application.
What happens next?
Applications will be forwarded to Regional Councillors for their consideration. Your Regional Councillor may request further information from you or invite you to an audition.
When will I know if I have been successful?
Applicants will be contacted by 29th February 2024 as to whether you have been successful. If you are unsuccessful you will have until 11th March 2024 to notify Head Office whether you will still accept the place on your chosen course without a bursary or have your deposit refunded.
What if I don’t get awarded a Bursary?
If you are unsuccessful you will have until the 11th March 2024 to notify us whether you will still accept the place on your chosen course without a bursary, or if you wish to have your deposit refunded. You may wish to consider requesting to pay your balance by instalments.
Stephanie Sorgo-Hudson Benevolent Fund
If you do not fall within the categories to apply for a Bursary, you may still be eligible for some financial help from the Stephanie Sorgo-Hudson Benevolent Fund. The application is totally confidential and the form available on request by contacting us at email@example.com
Payment by InSTALMENT
Students applying prior to the 15th March 2024 may pay the balance of the fee in monthly instalments. Instalment payments must be completed by 7th June 2024. To arrange this contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org